All Aboard for Tax Justice
Christian Aid has joined forces with UK poverty campaigners Church Action on Poverty and headed out on the road in a red double-decker bus, across Britain and Ireland to bring people together in a bid to raise awareness and end the injustice of tax dodging at home and abroad.
The Tax Justice Tour is coming here to the North East in October. The tour was launched at this year's Greenbelt Festival and has been on the road since then. Our opportunity to join in is at the beginning of October when the bus will travel from Newcastle to Durham and on to Gateshead and Sunderland.
Sunday 7 October : Durham
- 2.30pm: Millennium Place, Durham DH1 1WA. Welcome from Simon Henig, leader of Durham County Council, and campaign photo call.
- 3-4pm: Durham Town Hall, Market Place, Durham DH1 5UL. Public meeting with Roberta Blackman-Woods MP and Revd John Claydon, Northern Baptist Association regional minister.
- 4.30-5.30pm: Durham Cathedral, Palace Green, Durham DH1 3RW. Open bus, Fair Tax Fair and campaign photo call.
Monday 8 October : Gateshead and Sunderland
- 7.30-9am: Traidcraft, Kingsway, Gateshead NE11 0NE. Breakfast briefing (by invitation only) and campaign photo call for business, church and civic leaders with Revd Rowena Francis, United Reformed Church Moderator, Northern Synod and Revd Leo Osborn, Methodist Church Chair, Newcastle District.
- 11.30am-2pm: Sunderland Minster, High Street West, Sunderland SR1 3ET. Open bus with public meeting from 12.30pm with Sharon Hodgson MP.
NB: All timings are estimated to within 30 minutes.
For further details of the tax bus in your area or how to get involved, please contact the Newcastle Christian Aid office on 0191 228 0115 or email us on email@example.com.
Bus tour poster for Durham
Bus tour poster for Sunderland
View the news archive